Being a girl is difficult because sometimes I can’t tell if I am turned on or if I just have to pee.
FINALLY someone says it
TANNER SAID I WAS THE ONLY ONE. LIES. I AM NOT ALONE.
Wow, the reactions are like I did something really fucking revolutionary.
No guys, I need to stop and talk about something in this movie and how fucking revolutionary it was; something that I haven’t seen in a movie before or since.
This is a movie about a kid who leaves her birth family.
Not a kid who find that they have a secret lineage or something that allows them to find their ‘true family’ - this is a movie about a kid whose true birth family is made up of bad people. So she gets out. And that is played as the right thing to do. She isn’t punished for it or made to feel bad about ‘abandoning her family’. There isn’t an underlying ‘but they’re your family and you have to love them’ or ‘they’re your family and they love you even if they don’t show it well or do hurtful things’ message of the kind that I see OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER in media. Matilda gets out and lives happily ever after because of it.
We need a million more movies like this to counter the metric shit ton of movies that directly counter this message.
I like how when she wants to be adopted, her mom says to her “I never understood you”. And the whole quote, but that line in particular, makes me cry every time because at the end she finally understands. It’s not that she meant to be a bad mother, it’s that she didn’t understand what was best for Matilda even though she tried in her own way. And when She asks for the pen, she’s doing what she thinks is best and She’s not gonna let cops or her husband or anyone get in the way of that.
This made me think of a friend with a really shitty dad
GOD HE LOOKS SO POLITE
- “oh is this for me? really? are you sure?”
- “well okay if you insist. i hope i’m not taking too big of bites i know some people think that’s not gentlemanly”
- “oh this is really delicious, thank you so much i mean it”
- “mmm let me just savor the taste for a bit, mmmm oh yes thanks again for that”
- “yes that is very tasty. oh no you don’t have to give me anymore you’ve done so much already i couldn’t possibly accept so much kindness and generosity, you are an angel”
#ANIMAL VERSION OF TOM HIDDLESTON